A True Celebration of Car Culture & the Future of Transportation in San Diego County
Where the Cars are the Stars®
The San Diego International Auto Show is one of the most anticipated events for both new car buyers and enthusiasts.
A celebration of car culture in San Diego County, show organizers have worked closely with vehicle manufacturers and a variety of other exhibitors to create an event that will inspire, educate, and entertain.
The automotive industry is experiencing unprecedented change, including the rapid transition to electric vehicles, and there is no better place to experience this evolution than at the San Diego Auto Show – California’s second-largest auto show.
What You’ll See
• Hundreds of the newest, coolest and smartest vehicles on display, including a wide variety of all-new cars, trucks and SUVs not yet in showrooms.
• A record number of electric vehicles will be featured from nearly every manufacturer.
• Show-goers will get up close and personal with an impressive roster of new cars, trucks, hybrids, SUVs and luxury SUVs, crossovers, and other specialty vehicles in a comfortable, family-friendly, non-selling environment.
• New this year: an indoor EV Test Track will provide the opportunity for consumers to experience the amazing acceleration and handling of Nissan’s Ariya EV crossover.
Like it? Drive it!
• The auto show’s tradition of getting consumers behind the wheel continues, as outdoor Test Drives enable attendees to actually drive traditional ICE and electric vehicles representing the most popular brands. Confirmed: Audi, Chevy, Ford and Kia (outdoors)
What You’ll Learn
• The auto show is the best place to learn about rapidly evolving trends in the auto industry. Look for a major emphasis on technology, including electrification, a key factor in SoCal.
• The significance of EVs was highlighted in a recent study by Experian Automotive stating that combined market share for BEVs and PHEVs in San Diego County was well above average compared to the other markets so far in 2023. BEV share in the county was 22.4% and PHEV share was 3.5%.
• Virtually every manufacturer at the show will feature some level of discussion about next gen vehicles at their exhibits.
• Advances in automotive safety technology will be featured and demonstrated by brand product specialists, eager to provide explanations.
What You’ll Experience
• Known for its family-friendly atmosphere, entertaining features, and interactivity, the San Diego International Auto Show delights the entire family.
• Perennial favorite features will be back, including Electric Avenue, the Mobility Zone, Classic Cars and, of course, the annual “Family Day,” on Sun., Dec. 31, when kids 12 & under are free with an accompanying adult.
• Wear comfortable shoes, download a map, and spend a couple hours learning about your next vehicle.