Oceanside, CA—The North County Transit District’s (NCTD) Board of Directors approved service changes on May 18, 2017 for specified BREEZE and FLEX routes that will become effective October 8, 2017. The BREEZE and FLEX route changes were the result of a performance review of BREEZE and FLEX routes combined with outreach from the public. The service changes are designed to improve the efficiency and sustainability of NCTD.
The changes affect 20 different routes and zones, and range from discontinuation of service for under-utilized routes, to more frequent service in other areas, better alignment of certain routes, and transition of specified BREEZE routes to FLEX deviated fixed route service. A sampling of these changes include the following:
- Along the coast, BREEZE Route 101 service has been improved by extending all trips to Westfield UTC Mall.
- Service to Mira Costa College has been improved through an extension of Route 315.
- Southwest Carlsbad FLEX 373 and Encinitas-Solana Beach FLEX 374 will be discontinued.
- In Oceanside, Route 318 has been improved by modifying the route to serve the VA Oceanside Clinic allowing patients and medical staff to use the system more easily. Route 323 has also been extended to serve the VA Clinic.
- On Camp Pendleton, Routes 392 & 395 have been modified and will operate as FLEX routes. This modification will allow for greater coverage for riders in the more heavily traveled parts of the current routes. The FLEX 392 & 395 service will operate as deviated fixed routes meaning that a vehicle can pick up and drop off riders at locations (within ¾ of a mile from the route) rather than just designated bus stops.
For specific information on the service changes, affected routes, and FLEX options, please visit: GoNCTD.com/ServiceChanges. Updated route schedules will also be made available in the Rider’s Guide at NCTD Customer Service centers on September 18.