Oceanside, CA—The North County Transit District is gearing up for July 4 festivities and is alerting the public to changes to the schedule.
On Monday, July 3:
• BREEZE and LIFT will operate on a regular weekday schedule. BREEZE Route 408 will operate on its normal schedule.
• FLEX will operate on a regular weekday schedule.
• COASTER will operate on a regular weekday schedule.
• SPRINTER will operate on a regular weekday schedule, but have two extra late-night trips. A westbound train will depart Escondido Transit Center at 9:33 p.m. and an eastbound train will depart Oceanside Transit Center at 10:03 p.m. These extra trips will arrive at the Rancho Del Oro Station at 10:13 p.m. and 10:14 p.m. respectively. This will allow those attending the Oceanside Fireworks Show—and others celebrating the evening along the route—to return home after the festivities.
On Tuesday, July 4:
• BREEZE and LIFT will operate on a Sunday/Holiday schedule. BREEZE Route 408 will operate on its normal schedule.
• FLEX service will not be offered.
• COASTER will operate on a Saturday schedule.
• SPRINTER will operate on a Saturday schedule, and have one schedule change. The 11:33 p.m. eastbound train will be cancelled and an eastbound train departing out of Oceanside Transit Center at 12:33 a.m will be added. This later train will allow those returning on the final northbound COASTER (11:14 p.m.) out of San Diego to connect with the eastbound SPRINTER.
Customers are urged to give themselves extra time for parking at stations as parking may be full or limited due to large crowds.
BREEZE, COASTER, and SPRINTER tickets can be purchased on the same day of travel at each station on a ticket vending machine. COASTER tickets along with BREEZE and SPRINTER passes can be purchased ahead of time, and on the day of travel by using the new mobile ticketing app, Compass Cloud.
For trip planning assistance, customers can contact Customer Service at 760-966-6500.